Moving House – A Survival Guide
Creating A Space You Love
No matter the circumstances, settling in to your new home will take some imagination and a little bit of effort.
Here are our top tips for creating a home you love:
- What do you love to see around you? Pick up some home design magazines and collect the pictures that draw your eye or spend some time in your local library to browse through design guides and make a note of what you love.
- Even rented accommodation can be made to look nice. Most landlords will be very happy if you decorate and look after a property, but make sure you ask for permission first. Don’t forget there are plenty of things you can do to make a space your own without making permanent changes.
- Organise your space as soon as possible – get rid of those cardboard boxes, put everything away and keep it clean and tidy. Treat your home as if you are expecting an important guest – that guest is you! Every time you walk in your front door, you should have a smile on your face and be glad to be home.
- Fresh flowers and fruit in a bowl makes it look lived in and alive. No need to buy expensive flowers – seasonal flowers can be cheap and fruit from the market need not cost that much.
- Rummage through local charity shops – not only will you find many a hidden gem at a bargain price but you’ll be supporting a good cause in an environmentally friendly way.
- Be creative- this is a space where you can let your own creativity shine and show who you are.
Why is it so important you might ask? A tidy and organised home will allow you to feel relaxed and think more clearly. If you’ve had a long day and you arrive back home with tons of washing up to do and dirty clothes everywhere you might soon feel overwhelmed and out of control. Do what you can to make your new house a home.
To find out more about how a Life Coach can help you create the home you want, get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org.